Managed Hosting provider Windstream Hosted Solutions today announced undergoing construction of it’s new 72,000-square-foot enterprise-class data center in Charlotte, North Carolina that is going to open later this year. Windstream’s fourth DC in Charlotte and seventh in North Carolina, the new facility will have multiple 10,000-square-foot data center suites delivered in a phased approach.
Aimed to help businesses manage their resources in a cost-effective manners, the Charlotte DC will provide Windstream’s full suite of cloud computing, dedicated hardware, data storage, and managed services.
Some key features of the new facility are:
- 2N modular design for capacity expansion.
- True A-Side & B-Side power distribution via fully redundant 2N critical infrastructure.
- Fully staffed on-site Network Operations Centers (NOCs), providing 24 x 7 x 365 facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support.
- Access to multi-tenant infrastructure, such as Enterprise Cloud, EMC and NetApp SAN/NAS, F5 GTM/LTM platforms, as well as Cisco and Juniper network and security platforms.
- High Efficiency Chillers with 450 tons of 2N day 1 cooling capacity expandable to 1350 tons.
- Fire Suppression, including both FM200 and Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection system.
- High capacity, burstable, carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers.
- 3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA.
- 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW.
- Customer workspace and build rooms.
“Many of our customers have already realized the benefits of integrated, personalized solutions from Windstream Hosted Solutions, and demand for those services has continued to increase significantly year over year,” said Chris Nicolini, Senior Vice President, Data center operations, Windstream Hosted Solutions.
“This newest data center represents our commitment to providing customers with the highest level of services and reliability in order to meet the changing needs of their businesses,” he added.
Windstream Hosted Solutions offers managed and dedicated hosting solutions like public, private, and hybrid cloud products. It also offers voice and data services such as VoIP, SIP trunking and MPLS.
For more information, click here.